We had a great 2015-2016 school year and are looking forward to doing even more this year!
For those of you who are new, Friends of ArtQuest (FoAQ) is a parent, alumni and community not-for-profit organization with the mission to support ArtQuest through advocacy, volunteer and fundraising efforts.
Below are some of the things we accomplished last year:
- Hosted the first annual “Back to ArtQuest” Fall picnic.
- Hosted the 4th Annual Mardi Gras at the Museum, which raised close to $10,000.
- Hosted two ArtQuest faculty & staff appreciation luncheons.
- Provided volunteers and refreshments at the Fall and Spring Showcases.
- Organized volunteers to help with shadowing and school tours.
- Organized volunteers at orientation and Back to School Night.
- Organized volunteers to help process applications.
- Launched a new Friends of ArtQuest website.
- Designed ArtQuest T-Shirts and reusable bags for sale at events.
- Designed a new ArtQuest website that will be launched soon.
- Helped negotiate the relocation of the AQ office into the C-Media building. This will occur in the next few months.
- Designed a Campus Enhancement program and continue to work to bring it to fruition.
- Hosted the annual student appreciation ice cream social in the Spring.
Last year, we had more members than ever, so we were able to say, “yes” to almost every funding request. Below are some of the things you contributed to:
- $200 for each ArtQuest teacher to help purchase classroom supplies.
- $2,300 to purchase 18 new workstations for the Digital Arts classrooms.
- $450 in support of an ArtQuest English trip to San Francisco to see “Once”.
- $500 in support of the VFA Journey to Life doll project.
- $435 in support of the VFA Memory Project.
- $400 in support of ArtQuest Dance for faculty continuing education.
- Awarded $4,100 in Sparks Awards, which allow ArtQuest students to pursue their artistic interests beyond Santa Rosa High School.
- $150 in support of AQ Photography to offset venue costs for their show and sale.
Our Goals for 2016-2017
- Complete the relocation of the AQ office into the C-Media building.
- Launch the new ArtQuest website.
- Implement the Campus Enhancement program.
- Develop new community building and fundraising concepts.
Save the Date - Our “Back to ArtQuest” Fall Picnic is Back!
Mark your calendars for Thursday, Sept. 1st, 2016, 5:30-7:30! All new and returning ArtQuest students and families are invited to our fall welcome back picnic on the SRHS campus. Kick off the new school year and join us for a fall evening picnic to reconnect with old friends, meet new students and families, join FoAQ and hear about our exciting plans for the upcoming year. Pasta dinner will be complimentary. Stay tuned for more details.
Thank you again for supporting ArtQuest and for your amazing generosity. I look forward to seeing you at the picnic!
President, Friends of ArtQuest